In this episode of the DHP, CJ and Joshua of The Dusty Den Podcast talk to Mike Resnick, author of (among many, many other things) the novel Santiago: A Myth of the Far Future,which CJ & Joshua reviewed and discussed on the last DHP episode (#152). (Big thanks to DHP listener Jake for putting us in touch with Mike!)
Mike Resnick is (according to Locus) the all-time leading award winner, living or dead, for short fiction. He has won 5 Hugos (from a record 37 nominations), a Nebula, and other major awards in the USA, France, Japan, Spain, Catalonia, Croatia, and Poland. He’s the author of 75 novels, over 275 stories, and 3 screenplays, and the editor of 42 anthologies. His work has been translated into 27 languages. He is currently the editor of Stellar Guild books and Galaxy’s Edge magazine.
Join CJ, Joshua & Mike as they discuss:
- The genesis of Mike’s love of science fiction
- How Mike’s work in the ‘adult fiction’ genre influenced his work in other genres
- Mike’s frequent incorporation of myths, legends, and tall tales into his scifi stories
- How Mike’s worldview and knowledge of historical themes have influenced his stories
- Mike’s experiences dealing with Hollywood
- Mike’s experiences in writing, editing, and working with up-and-coming new scifi writers, and thoughts on the science fiction genre, plus some of his current projects
Support the Dangerous History Podcast via Patreon
CJ’s official DHP Amazon Wish List
Other ways to support the show
The Dangerous History Podcast is covered by a BipCot NoGov license; learn more at BipCot.org
The Dangerous History Podcast is a member of the Dark Myths Podcast Collective& LRN.fm’s podcast roster.
CJ’s Picks: Amazon Affiliate Links